Craft time! It’s time for another round of DIY Christmas trees ornaments! This time we’re going to make some adorable popsicle stick ornaments. The great thing about these ornaments is that they can be made entirely out of recycled materials. So you get adorableness plus you’re eco-friendly!
- popsicle sticks (used or new, colored or plain)
- graft paper
- googly eyes
- pipe cleaners
- scrap fabric
- poster paint
What you need to do:
- Cut out a pattern for Santa’s beard and cap.
- Color in the Santa suit using poster paint, markers, or any other coloring material you’re comfortable with.
- Stick on a pink bead for his nose and two small googly eyes on top of the bead.
- Finally, glue on a piece of string onto the back of the stick and display it on your tree!
Snowman ornament: Cut out a top hat for your snowman ornament. Glue on black buttons for his “buttons”, an orange bead for a nose, googly eyes, and knot a piece of red fabric as the scarf.
Rudolph ornament: Cut out a heart-shaped piece of brown felt for the reindeer’s eyebrows, use a big red bead for his nose, fashion some antlers out of brown pipe cleaners and attach these to the back of the popsicle stick, then tie a piece of scrap fabric and a bell for Rudolph’s collar.
These cute little popsicle stick ornaments will look great on tabletop artificial Christmas trees. After the holidays, you can even remove the string and use these as bookmarks.Tags: artificial christmas tree, artificial Christmas trees, christmas decorations, christmas ornaments, Christmas tree ornaments, Crafts, DIY, Family, Frosty the Snowman, Kids, Popsicle, Popsicle sticks, Santa, Snowflake, snowflakes, Snowman, Snowmen